Sunday, August 22, 2010

Problems with my new job....advice?

I was hired for a new position on Dec. 17th 2008. I moved to a new city to work there, got an apt., etc. The position was a new change for the agency and they informed me they would need time to sort things out but I would begin training Januaray 14th and would be able to start by the 21st.





I attended three trainings and my Jan. 21st start date was pushed back to the 26th. Although I was frustrated, I understood the difficulties with the transition. I then recieved a phone call the Friday before I was supposed to start stating that my start date would now be on Feb. 2nd.





I called my supervisor today to verify the Feb. 2nd start date and she notified me that she was not 100% certain that would work yet-- that they were working on referrals (I'm a social worker-- they are in the process of changing the system for cases, etc.) and they want me in on the 2nd but she would have to check on that date.





I'm currently waiting to hear back-- i've been living in the city for over a month with NO job and can simply not afford to keep waiting for my start date to begin. Should I give up and start looking for another job?!Problems with my new job....advice?
See if you can pick up some temp jobs to carry you over. Call the supervisor and let her know your situation, maybe they have some other work you could do for the agency until they get the position funded. In the future, ask about the positions funding before you relocate for a job.Problems with my new job....advice?
What do you know about the agency you say you're going to work for? Do you have a written job offer, or contract? Are they willing, or able to help you with your living expenses while you're waiting?





I would try to answer these questions. Then if the answers are positive and/or you're convinced that the job is one you definitely want, perhaps you might find some part-time or temporary work to tide you over until things start working
I would if I were you. You might want to call the place where you should be working and tell them that you are looking for another job and if they really want you, then they need to move fast.
It wouldn't hurt.





Might as well cover your ***
ahan!





a real tragic story, its really happened with me in past few years back... so my advice for you is 100% authentic and i think you will really get benefit with my advice.





first you should search for a new job, it can be a part time or per hour job so you can meet your daily expenses.





secondly, you must carry on this job and wait for the confirm by keeping first one job, the reason behind is that you have invested your time in training and in new place you have to face such difficulties again..





so my suggestion for you is that keep your previous job as well as try to look some other job..





Best of Luck and many more best wishes
  • lipstick parties
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment