Monday, August 23, 2010

Advice for New Mother?

We are in need of some general advice for a 1st time natural birth mother. We would like general advice to help her, to be claim during this experience and to give her an idea as to what will be going on.Advice for New Mother?
I'll be doing the epidural thing, but my mom did a lot of natural births, tried a couple different techniques, and she ended up liking the Bradley method best.





I think you just have to find what sort of pain management techniques work best for you. Do some research on different techniques, and what I would suggest is that you practice them on some random pain you may have to get an idea of what's most effective for you.





Like I said earlier, I'm going for the epidural, but I've also learned some meditation techniques that I've used for some non-pregnancy related chronic pain that's been really effective for me (I'll be using that too) - but it took lots of practice to get it work this well, so my biggest advice is practice, practice, practice.





Good luckAdvice for New Mother?
Be a good source of support and be encouraging. Most women like to have good, steady back message. A warm shower or bath can greatly reduce the pain of labor. Helping the mom to move around and walk/squat will also help to shorten the length of labor. This website has some great advice on birthing naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment