Sunday, August 22, 2010

IN DEPTH advice for someone who would love to live in New York City one day?

This question is way too vague. I live in NYC, and there are so many things to tell someone about living here, I wouldn't know where to start, unless I knew what you were interested in.





Moreover, what does ';one day'; mean? Are you really planning to move here, or are you just dreaming about it? Do you want practical advice or just some vague platitudes?





Suffice to say that it's wonderful living here, I can't live anywhere else (and I have tried.) AND it's not like you see on tv. AT ALL.IN DEPTH advice for someone who would love to live in New York City one day?
Just do it. It is an amazing city, with incredible experience and very interesting people. You realize that instead of you having to ';go to the world';, that the ';world tends to come to you';. Great opportunities, culturally diverse, rich and expansive. You will have some of your life's greatest challenges, yet some of its best rewards.IN DEPTH advice for someone who would love to live in New York City one day?
my advice: stay away. far, far away. i love the city and people, but things are getting insane here. Why would you want to move to a city that taxes you for drinking pepsi and downloading stuff on your ipod? Why would you want to pay the crazy high housing prices and ride the worthless mta? i love nyc, but i'm coming to the point where it feels like it just isn't worth it anymore. it's a shame what the politicians have done to this place.
Well I'm not sure what you mean by ';in depth'; for ';one day'; so I will give you my best guess.








For activities try Time Out New York magazine. I have spent 2 wonderful one day trips in New York City and that is where I start to create my activities list.


http://www.timeout.com/newyork/





Best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment