Monday, August 23, 2010

Any advice on which chip, card and RAM to select on a new PC.?

I am looking for a new computer


to use for general email, web surfing and watching a few TV programs. Are an Intel E7500 chip, 6gb RAM and Radeon 3450 video card good choices?Any advice on which chip, card and RAM to select on a new PC.?
6GB of RAM will be a waste.


XP Pro recognizes up to 3.5GB only


Vista can work quite well with 4GB of RAMAny advice on which chip, card and RAM to select on a new PC.?
the intel and ram are obviously a very very good choice, if money is not an issue. i suppose the video card is pretty decent, and the brand is definitely reliable. if you were going to watch more video (Or Blu-Ray) or play comp games with detailed graphics I might recommend something a little higher. I know some about computer hardware, but only enough to give an honest opinion. I do know that 6GB is a really high amount of RAM; I have 4GB on my XP and it only recognizes 3.2! So I would think that there should be no issues there.





You seem to have a pretty good idea of what you want already, but it doesn't hurt to get a second opinion. Overall, your choices are good choices.
Yes, that is plenty powerful to do gerneral email, web surfing and tv watching, in fact its good for most high end games as well :-)
I think that machine can use to do any thing.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment