Monday, August 23, 2010

Advice on new tires for '02 silverado??

Have an '02 Silverado with OEM size tires on that need replaced. Rims are 16';, would like to go with a bigger tire. what can I get away with without having to lift kit the truck? Possibly considering new rims as well. Any advice would be helpful, thanks.Advice on new tires for '02 silverado??
Go to 4wheelparts.com you can find everything you need on tires they will even tell you how big you can go with out lifting your truck.I'd go with some super swamper truxus tires theyre a good all around tire thats what i run on my rig.Advice on new tires for '02 silverado??
My 03 with the z71 package Had 17 inch rims and I jumped to 30/10's without a problem.
I have stock 265/70/R17 on my Chevy Avalanche that would fit easy on your truck. Was thinking of going to 285/70/17. Should fit with no trouble. All Terrain Baja tire looks mean.
go to tirerack.com the have lots of tires and rims, they also have a feature that you can see what the tires and rims look like on your vehicle
If you stick with your 16'; rims, look for some 265/75R16's. If you have a lot of room in your wheel wells, you might even be able to fit 285/75R16. Is it a 2500? They have more fender room than the 1500.





If you want that tall, skinny tire African safari rig look, I like the 235/85R16. They're about the same height as the 265/75R16 but quite a bit narrower. I like the narrow look, and they're nice driving---they really cut through water, snow and mud. Another advantage is that they're load range E, so you can really load up the truck without having to worry about the tires. They might ride a little stiffer, but that's the way I'd go.

No comments:

Post a Comment