Monday, August 23, 2010

Legal advice for New Jersey?

I got pulled over in my car with no insurance, and an expired registration. It is my first offense. The next day I went out and got insurance, and registration. When I went to the initial hearing the person infront of me had the same tickets as I did for the same thing, and she plead guilty, and the judge took her license for a year plus some fines. I don't care about fines, I am concerned with loosing my licence. My wife doesn't have a license, and I am a full time student, not to mention the family bread winner, plus I am a disabled veteran. So when I got up I plead not guilty, now I am waiting for my court date. My question is should I pay out big bucks for an attorney just to have the same thing happen, can I plead my own case to the judge and hope he shows some compassion, is the attorney worth the money, what should I do? Does anyone know what is going to happen to me?Legal advice for New Jersey?
It depends upon the county, the prosecutor and a number of factors, such as your record, if any.





You should consult with a local attorney who can offer you more precise advice.Legal advice for New Jersey?
To be really honest, the fact that your ';wife doesn't have a license, and I am a full time student, not to mention the family bread winner'; are the very reasons why you should have made sure that you were never in this situation to begin with.





Does being a ';disabled veteran'; or any of the above things give you the right to break the law?





If I were you, I would get an attorney. A court appearance like this should not cost you more than $500. They can probably negotiate a better deal for you than that other woman got on her own. She also may have had prior tickets for the same offenses that affected her punishment

No comments:

Post a Comment