Thursday, July 29, 2010

New school advice! Please helppp!!!?

Ok. So I've been going to the same school for about 12 years now. It's a very small private school. I like it a lot because, you can't choose your friends, but your automatically attached to them all, because it's so small.


But now, my parents found a new house really far away from the school I go to. So now I have to transfer!! Ugh... I have to go to a new Jr. High. And I'm in the youngest grade, which makes it worse!! And, it has a total of almost 2000 people!! What if a rumor gets spread around or something about me?? My mom and dad keep telling me that everything is going to be fine, but I never listen!


I also feel really insecure about how I look all the time. I'm not fat or anything, but I'm not that teeny tiny skinny legged girl either, like everyone else. And I really don't know the best way to make friends!! I don't want to be the lonely girl sitting alone at lunch all the time! I want to have friends like everyone else! Someone please help me with some advice!!New school advice! Please helppp!!!?
Being the youngest in a grade is nothing to worry about. With 2000 kids i'm sure some will also be new student, and others will want to be friends with you. Don't act like a snob or anything. Act like you have confidence. DON'T act like you need someone to be your friend or you will die, people don't become friends with people like that. If a rumor gets spread about you, you will know about it. Just deny it or make the rumor correct or ignore it. Most likely there will be no rumor spread about you. You will be fine you will make lots of new friends, and keep the old ones. It does matter what you look like. Out of those 2000 students there is probability 0 of them that actually feel secure 100% of the time. Wear you best favorite outfit the first day, that will make you feel even better. Hope i help.New school advice! Please helppp!!!?
Believe it or not almost 2000 isn't that big. My school has about 3000 kids. Anyways age doesn't really affect who wants to be friends with you. There will be kids who will want to be friends with you right away and others who won't pay any attention. Just remember not everyone is that teeny tiny skinny legged girl. And that you won't be the only new kid.
- If you get to school early, you could find your classrooms. That way you wouldn't get lost during the day (as easily) lol. My high school campus is big and it took me a while to learn my way around.





- Also, if you'll have a locker (we don't really use them at my high school) when you start school, go find it and maybe practice the lock combination a few times.





- When I started high school I was nervous and shy and it kinda stuck that way. My advice would be, if you get a good start to the year then it will be easier, so just calm your nerves and try to be yourself.


But don't show off by trying to be funny in front of the whole class or something...since it's the beginning of the year, you won't know your teachers well yet. And you don't want to make a fool of yourself anyway.





- Pay attention and do your homework! Lol





- People are generally more open and outgoing during the first couple weeks. They're also more observant. Try to talk to people at the beginning if you want to make friends, and wear good clothes since people will notice them at the start especially. After a couple months of school, everyone gets used to school (or perhaps bored of school) and just hangs out with people they know already.





- Go to the freshman orientation thing where they teach you about the school, if they have one at the school you'll be going to.


If they don't show you the rules and dress code rules and such, then see if the school has a website and look it up there. My school does that.





- On first day, make sure you have pencil, paper, etc. in your backpack and just get organized. Make sure you get a bell schedule (they will probably pass them out on first day). My school has a map, it might help you to have one but I found it easier not to use it.
  • acne treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment