Thursday, July 29, 2010

Move to New York. Advice?

Moving to N.Y.C Advice?


Hi all Im 21 years old and am planning on moving to New York very soon. I have saved 10,000 for the move. Will that be enough to get me started?? I don't have a job yet so hoping the 10,000 will hold me over for a couple months till I find a good one. I wll have a car and I am very willing to live in a not so good neighborhood to start with. I just don't want to end up on the streets. lol Thank You.


1 hour ago - 4 days left to answer.Move to New York. Advice?
You'd be surprised how little $10,000 is in NYC, and, like the first answerer said, it will get eaten up very fast. Try to find a job BEFORE you move, scour Craigslist for cheap apartments (look for ones that include all utilities in the rent). Maybe try to find a roommate to cut down on costs. Plan on making nearly all your meals at home and almost never going out to eat. Don't bring a car! Everything is more expensive in NY (actually, in the whole Northeast part of the country). A movie ticket in SC will cost you $7, in NY $10. Same with cigs, fast food, etc. Just be smart and don't make any rash decisions. Carefully plan and have a very god idea what it's going to cost you once you get to NYC. Best of luck, and I hope I helped.Move to New York. Advice?
I highly suggest you find a job first because the 10k will evaporate quickly if you don't... you can find a rent for say 800 which will take up 1600 to rent and then connecting electricity,phone,food ,gas are you bringing furniture? consider all this... get a job before you move so you can preserve your savings.
to get good apartments will all you need like a washer, dryer, a nice kitchen, a bedroom, they can cost a lot more then you think. and what happens if the bank turns you down since you dont have a job? you need to find a very good Realtor who will help you, 10,000 is a lot, but it wont last long. you need clothes, food, and the bills. try to think what you spend in a month. its a lot. be careful.
Stay where you are - jobs are tough enough, we don't need another person competing for the same job as 100 other people.
  • acne treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment