Thursday, July 29, 2010

New glasses...advice needed!?

Two days ago I got my new specs from the opticians, Ive never had to wear them before but now apparently my right eye is short sighted and my left is long sighted.


After two days of wearing them all the time like I was told I still see better without them on. Is this normal? My vision through the right lens of my specs is fine but through the left lens of my specs it seems a little hazy. I had a headache all day yesterday but put it down to my eyes getting used to wearing glasses.


The bloody things cost me 拢200 and I would'nt mind if they actually improved my vision. Any one have any advice for me? Why is this? Is it normal?New glasses...advice needed!?
This is somewhat normal. Even though your eyesight is ';corrected'; with the glasses, your eyes were used to working without them, so you will have some eye strain as you get used to them. It should get better every day - keep wearing them. If you are having headaches, blurry vision, watery eyes after a couple weeks, go back and get the prescription rechecked. They can check the glasses to be sure they are your correct prescription - if they are then you may have to have your eyes re-examined. You should not have to pay for any of this since any mistake would be on the part of the optician or eye doctor.New glasses...advice needed!?
You could still be adjusting to them, or they could in all honesty be the wrong prescription or made improperly. Mistakes do happen. Give yourself the rest of the week. If things haven't improved, go back to where you bought the glasses and insist that they check them out.
I have several times been given the wrong lenses in my frames. Bring them back to have them checked. Mistakes do happen.
It may be, that you simply need a period of adjustment to get used to them.


If after about 10 days, you find no improvement, then see the person who dispensed them to you and have them check that the prescription is right.
Give it two weeks for your eyes to adjust; it's possible that you have been given the wrong prescription (it happens sometimes) but it's more likely that your eyes are just taking a while to ';learn'; the new glasses.
Give your eyes some time to adjust. If in 2 weeks you still are not seeing properly, then take them back to the dr to be checked. It usually takes osme time to adjust ot new glasses, especially if you've never worn glasses before.

No comments:

Post a Comment