Thursday, July 29, 2010

New job... advice needed?

I started my new job at a cattery today. The position requires 3/4 - 1 hour every morning Monday - Friday.





The place opens at 7.30am, at the interview they told me that they don't mind what time I come in, just as long as I finish before 9.00am.


-Today I started at 8.00am. (It's the school holidays for another week) but normally I will probably start at 7.30am, to get to school by 8.40am.





They gave me my contract today to read over and sign for tomorrow... It says that:


';The normal starting times and days are listed below;


Monday to Friday: 7.45 am';.


The person who wrote the contract is the owner (I haven't talked to him at all) and I was told to report to a different person.





So.... my question is.. What time should I show up tomorrow? I want to start at 8.00am.


I don't think that the person I have to give my contract to tomorrow starts until 8 either.New job... advice needed?
Personally, I'd be there at 7:45 a.m. the first day, then scope out what is really expected of you.New job... advice needed?
you will find if your early everyday you will impress the owner .


to be right on time does not show a lot of interest or effort .


Be noticed ,you can still just wake up there and realx .


it is a good way to start the day not just rushing in .
be there at the time stated in the contract just to be on the safe side. make sure when you get there you clear up any problems or questions that you may have about the starting time.
Get there at 7:45 tomorrow and then clarify the time with whom ever you are reporting to.
If your contract says show up at 7:45, then show up at or before 7:45 for at least the first few weeks until you feel pretty comfortable guaging whether it actually matters or not. I would say that generally, it does not matter. Most people and companies are at least a little bit flexible. But not all are, so it's best to err on the side of caution.





And if you have been doing a good job for a few weeks, it gives you a little bit of ground to stand on if you need to approach your manager and tell them 7:45 is a hardship on you for one reason or another and it would be much easier if it was 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment