Thursday, July 29, 2010

New Friends? Advice needed.?

This might make me sound shallow, but here goes:





I have friends who I go out most weekends with but feel I have little in common with them - it seems they just want to get really drunk and act stupid all the time - so I decided to try and meet new friends who have similar interests. I go the gym, do sports and kickboxing where I have been trying to talk to and make new friends but most of the time when I try to start a conversation with people it doesn't really go anywhere. I suppose what I'm asking is - is there a way to turn small talk into potential friendships? Surely other people have been in my situation before.





Serious answers only please.





ThanksNew Friends? Advice needed.?
Try to spend more time with your new potential friends. Like when you're walking away from the gym, perhaps you're both going the same way. Then you can ask him if he wants go get something to eat. And then spend more and more time with them, then perhaps you'll become friends after awhile.New Friends? Advice needed.?
You'll find in life that friends come and go - and you are clearly an intelligent young man to be moving on from friends who just want to waste their life away getting drunk on the weekends. A really good way to make new friends, is to get a part-time job somewhere that hires people in your same age bracket. Movie theater, restaurants, etc. I've made some good friendships doing that. Like I said though - friends come and go and you just have to move with the flow of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment