Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Moving to new york city advice please..?

Background: I'm 24. BA (grad: 2006) in Business concentration in Management Info Systems. Working as an IT analyst for local company almost a year now making $31K in WNY (Buffalo/Niagara Falls area). Planning to take A+ certification for PC technician this December. I have my own 1bdrm apt and a car which I plan to sell before my move.





Add: I am looking to move in Spring 2008. I know a few people in the city but can't depend on them. I am planning to save $$ and pay down my credit cards before I go which is why I am giving myself about 8 months to achieve. Been looking at prices, neighborhoods and jobs.





What do you suggest? Should I just move in March, get a place and look for a job (while looking for a real job I can work crappy jobs to pay for food, and learn the city) OR is it easier to line up a job (what about interviews? I dont want to pay to fly everytime!). Would I get a job in a month? Would I be able to live in a studio alone in either Astoria/upper west side even brooklyn?Moving to new york city advice please..?
Don't move. new york is dangerous , very very dangerous

No comments:

Post a Comment