Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Moving to New York from Florida and need advice.?

My husband just received a job offer at the airport in Syracuse. I'm not very familiar with New York at all, we live in Tampa, Florida. We would like to find a place that is within easy commuting distance of his job (no more than 40 minutes each way) that is both in a safe neighborhood and reasonably priced, (like under $115,000). Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to look to buy a house? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.Moving to New York from Florida and need advice.?
Try www.cnyhomes.com for real estate listings.





I like the Village of North Syracuse - just north of the airport - because of its village qualities (walking to shops, library, pharmacy), and the public bus service to Syracuse, which means I don't have to drive to work, particularly when the snow is too heavy for me. Most homes in the Village will fit within your budget.





If you're looking for a more suburban feel, try Minoa or Bridgeport (to the East and NE of the airport), or Liverpool (town of Clay). You don't have to commute more than 15 minutes to the airport from these places. A commute of 40 minutes is quite long by CNY (Central NY) standards.





Feel free to e-mail me if you have any more questions.Moving to New York from Florida and need advice.?
I don't know the Syracuse area, but I would recommend looking on http://syracuse.craigslist.org/rfs/ for a general sense of the real estate market. Also be sure to research property tax rates as you're figuring out what you can afford.





Good luck.
Get ready to freeze your *** off.
I don't know why you want to leave Tampa, I lived there for 11 years and often wish I was still there. Retired from People Gas System aka TECO. The reason we moved to Texas I have been trying to figure for the past 25 years. We lived in NJ most of our lives and between the cold, rain and snow glad we are not still there. You can look on the WWW under real estate for that area.

No comments:

Post a Comment