Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Advice for new school. please help, easy points.?

So, for 10 years I've been going to a small private school, where I only had one classroom and 2 teachers. I am now going to a very large high school where there are 600 freshman. Can you give me some advice on how to make adjustment easier or be ready for all this. Tips/advice/w.e is appreciated.


Thanks so much.Advice for new school. please help, easy points.?
have a two good binders to ORGANIZE your afternoon classes and morning classes, you might be mixed if you're not used to changing classes so keep a list at all times of the name of your teachers and their room numbers, just be yourself be nice be social include yourself with a group of friends and enjoy life at your new school, i wouldn't hang out with people who do drugs or get wasted that's not healthy, good luck and have fun hope i helpedAdvice for new school. please help, easy points.?
First to try to familiarize yourself with the school by looking at the website and going to open house/orientation so that you have an idea of where you will going and what the layout of the school is. Since you are used to smaller class sizes and more attention from the teachers you will need to make sure you can handle a bigger class size. To do this I recommend that you take notes every day so that you can look back at what you've been doing. Also if you cannot ask the questions you have to the teacher write them down and either ask later or use resources like the internet. Meeting so many new people can be overwhelming but be as friendly and open as possible and people will come up to you. Make yourself approachable rather than being standoffish. Ask around maybe there are so local places that kids at the high school hang out at , you might be able to meet people before school starts. I hope this helps!
I had and am still having the same problem as you. I went to three schools already, the first one I was really young so the adjustment was a breeze. I did most of my growing up in one school, I've been there since grade 2 through the beginning of grade 7. My change was a little different, because I went from a bigger school to a smaller school, but I'll tell you that it's still just as nerve racking. Right now I'm starting grade 8 in a different continent* so I'm pretty nervous. The advice I'll give you, that I'm ';giving'; myself, is to be kind towards everyone. Don't constantly talk about what your old school had that your new school doesn't... I know a kid who was like that, and he ended up the biggest loner in school. Also, don't let anyone manipulate you or bring you down, if someone says something to you, let it drop a few times, but once it really starts getting on your nerves, tell them off back. My biggest piece of advice for you is to just be who you are and be outgoing and optimistic. When people see that you're being real, the proper people will fall into your group of friends. You don't want people liking you for someone you're not. If you're optimistic and outgoing, you'll be respected more, and it'll be easier for you to make friends. Just remember that there are tons of other new kids too, and they're just as nervous as you are :) I hope I helped :)
Join a sports team. Its a great way to make friends. I know I was a new entering freshman, but I joined the football team and made a lot of new friends. This made it so much easier because I had people to sit with at lunch and talk to in some of my classes or even in the hall. Also, try to join some clubs. You can meet some really great friends there
im going to be a freshman too! =)


well first of all, just be yourself. nobody likes a fake person.


be talkative, but make sure you let other people have a say too, so you don't seem selfish.


be kind. be friendly with everyone. try to talk with every ';group.'; jocks, popular, nerds... try to be buddies with them all so everyone knows you!


do not become friends with people who smoke weed or anything like that. you dont want to ruin your freshman year!


be social but also make sure your main focus is school. study study study!


and thats all i have at the moment. =)
Be friendly and talk to everyone. Dress causal and comfortably. Be yourself. Don't be afraid to talk to people. Remember, there will be 599 other freshmen there who feel just like you do.
Try to atract others by any way. Get along with a serious people how love to study and that's it.





Remember : Be friendly and talk to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment