Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I can't think of a name for my new dog. Advice?

I just got a female rottweiler puppy yesterday night and i still can't come up with a cool name for her. I want it to be a unique name instead of something cliche like ';killer';. I want to name her after a nordic godess but the names don't seem like they fit right and i want a name we can all agree with... Any advice on figuring out a name? Thank you.I can't think of a name for my new dog. Advice?
What about Anya? I know only one other female rottie with this name and she really is a big softie. My female rott is called Nya (pronounced to rhyme with hiya). She is just 8 months old and an absolute sweetie. Our other old girl is called narla (the other sp for this is nala taken from the lion king). As yet I have never met anyone in person who has dogs with these names and at the vets we are the only ones listed to have dogs named as such.


( There was one lady on Answers with a dog named nala but I know of no one else.)





Hope this helpsI can't think of a name for my new dog. Advice?
I went to the web and looked up names when I needed to rename my horse. I knew I wanted it to be an Indian name so I looked up Indian names and their meanings. I found the perfect one for him. But for my dog, I waited for a little bit knowing that I wanted the name to ';fit'; him. Sure enough, a little while later my favorite song from Godsmack came on and there it was... I named my Dobe ';Sully Voodoo'; We called him Sully. My cat was named after Stewie from the Family Guy because you could just see the little instigator in him.
Ok. What color is she?


If she's brown you could call her brownie or chocolate.


If she's white or yellow, you could name her vanilla.


If she's black name her diamond.


If you want some ';fierce'; names, try something like klondike or boxer or radar, maybe even fang. you can go to this website for 2,000 dog names: http://petrix.com/dognames/index.html , or you can go here for some female puppy names: http://www.babydognames.com/popular.htm
Make something up. Try different names, or combinations of names, etc. Or make up a new name or word and use it on her. See what she responds to. Or maybe name her something in German. I know a Newfoundland named Berlin. The dog really does look like one.





Understand that it won't be unique if we come up with the names.
Uzume was a japanese goddess. Its a unique name and you can read about her below.





Also Indian goddess Sarama would be perfect...very doggy inspired....look up the meaning on the attached reference. On that site there are heaps of different names from different regions..there should be one at least that you find suits her.





I hope you find the right name for your pup.
Here are some cute names that I think would be perfect and your dog will like too!:


Daisy


Mocha


Marley


Misty


Tawnie


Cocoa


Sophie


Muffin


Mole


Abby


Kiki


Poppy


Box(get it?! haha jk)


there are alot more that you can look up on the internet if you dont like these ones.
truthfully just name your puppy ';puppy'; for now....just wait a while and a name will come to you.....or you could see her personality and get a name off that.....i had my puppy for almost two weeks before he got a name....i named him godivo....and don't go online to look for a name.....eventually you'll come across a name perfect for her....good luck
Cupcake %26lt;33


Tynere =P


Sophie


Zelda =D


Valkyries [a beautiful blonde nordic goddess]





im not sure but i think cupcake and valkyries are cute!
What about Muffin? xD





Well, if you're getting mythical:





Nadia


Mythia


Rosalba


Nerida


Maurelle


Nissa


Nixie


Odile or Odila


Odelina


Odette


Adette


Aleah


Arista


Donella


Blossom


Rhyannon


Titania


Tatiana


Tienne


Zuthene


Zanna
Call her ';Xena';. It's a ';tough'; girls name; easy to say, spell %26amp; pronounce... And if anyone's seen the TV show, they'll THINK they know where You got the name from! :) Good luck with Her !
Fang


Spike(Cool for Girl or Boy)


Prissy(Because she isn't)


Tokya


Star
Molly is cute.


also i like the name luna for a puppy.


And polly is a cute one too!
Sasha
aphrodite which is the goddess of love...... or chloe, snuggles, wiggles, hope i helped
I would pick Abby :) its a kinda unique and i like it. its my dogs name

No comments:

Post a Comment