Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Advice on new parenting?

mothers tend not to inform their daughters of the trials and tribulations in having a child, why?Advice on new parenting?
I blame my mother for not sharing the trial and tribulations with me. She made it seem so easy. When i was a girl, she would go so far as criticizing other mothers for being lazy. I didnt think it would be difficult at all bc she said it would all come naturally. Yeah, sure it came naturally but she didnt say anything about the nerves! she didnt say that every noise the baby made would wake me up and shoot me out of bed like a rocket, only to find that the baby was just stretching. Then she didnt tell me that once i got real comfy and asleep, the baby will wake me up again. She didnt tell me about nursing blisters (apparently she didnt have them), she didnt tell me about the depression (apparently she had it, but didnt tell me bc she wanted me to ';find out for yourself';), and she didnt tell me that although my husband had the intentions to help in everyway he can, he just could NOT breastfeed or change a diaper before the baby gets mad. I dont know why she didnt tell me. Maybe bc it sounds like complaining and my mom doesnt complain.


Will i tell my daughter? yes, i will, and i will tell her that it may sound like i am complaining, but im not, i am just stating cold-hard facts.Advice on new parenting?
Every mother I know has shared information about parenting with their daughters. If yours hasn't, there are some great books and websites out there such as What to Expect When You're Expecting and babycenter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment