Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I am new to braces,lots of pain, any advice to help with pain?

i just got them on yesterday and i was wondering


how much longer will hurt. i go back to school in two days and i dont want to be in pain AND people making fun of me. I feel like my teeth are going to fall out of my head PLEASE HELP!I am new to braces,lots of pain, any advice to help with pain?
Okay, when people say the pain takes a week or two to go away, understand that it'll be less painful every day. It'll just take time till you don't notice anything at all. By the time you go back to school, you'll be in a lot less pain, I promise. It eases up a lot after the first day or two.





Don't get too upset by a little teasing. So many kids get braces that it's not like you'll be seen as a freak or anything. Mostly it'll be that you'll be getting more attention. There may be some good-natured teasing, but just roll with the jokes. Dish some back if they get to you, like ';Braces will fix my teeth, but nothing can fix your face.'; But I really don't think it'll be bad.





When I was a kid, I think I got more comments when I first got a bra than when I got my braces. And even the bra comments weren't too bad. It's just something you go through, you know?





Just smile proudly!I am new to braces,lots of pain, any advice to help with pain?
Okay. I got braces almost two years ago. (almost time to get them off!) The first week is the worst. The pain will lessen and soon there won't be anymore. First of all, take some tylenol or aspirin for the pain. And whatever you do don't eat anything hard. It's horrible. Just eat really soft things or things you drink. I tried eating pasta, and even that hurt, so we're talking really soft things. The pain will go away. And if it's still hurting when you go back to school, take a tylenol before school. People don't make fun of you for braces. Trust me. Tons of kids have them, and no one gets made fun of.
it will be sore after every tightening session for about 1-3 days Aspirin or Tylenol can help this pain. Cold water and cold drinks can help, Many braces have a slight heat sensitivity to them and the cold will relax the metal and give some relief. if they are cutting your lips go buy some orthodontic wax. Hope i helped you abit i know how painfull it is.
The pain will probably last for a week maximum and there isn't really much you can do I'm afraid. The best thing to do is to avoid chewy, hard foods and to eat softer foods instead, such as pasta. :)
take an asprin or something. that pain will happen everytime you get them tightened but it will go away in a few days or maybe even one day. so just take a pain reliever it really does help. and i know.
It's gonna be like that for a few days-short for 2-3 days long- a week.


It's normal, they're not going to make fun of you. You can start drinking soup for lunch, it fills you up and it doesn't hurt your teeth.
eat liquid foods and soft foods, nothing hard. take pain relievers like advil, tylenol, or ibuprofen. hmm it might hurt now and the pain will persist for usually 1-2 weeks but just think, your teeth will be perfect when its all over! :)
take advil or tylenol, it will help the pain, and dont worry itll go away in a few days.
Take some tylenol or advil! Thats for the pain. But dont worry, the pain will leave in 2-3 days. If its still there after 5 days (which is unlikely) call your orthodontist
Brush ur teeth every three times u eat and don't touch them don't worry they will hurt for like a week and they will go away I promise
welcome to braces.. Get some pain pills, like bayer or whatever floats your boat.. the pain will lessing about about 3-4 days.
they take about 2 weeks for the pain to totally be gone..
dont chew gum

No comments:

Post a Comment