Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I'm really nervous about telling my parents about new bf. Advice?

I'm 20 years old. An adult, and ever since the last string of boyfriends, I'm really nervous about telling my parents about a new one. It's been over a year since I dated since the last one was such a jerk, but it's totally my mom who freaks me out. My dad's cool when it comes to guys, but for some reason, my mom comes across as a real *****. And she even gets my brother and others to spy on me, which ok...back when I was in high school I can see, but I'm an adult now and I should have my privacy. She just never likes who ever I bring home and she teases me about it.





What should I say?I'm really nervous about telling my parents about new bf. Advice?
Don't ever bring a boyfriend home to meet your parents unless you are serious about him. That is your problem. You have been dragging home boyfriends for years. Only bring him home for the introduction if you think you may get married to him someday. Otherwise no. Another thing you will scare him if you drag him to meet your parents right away. He will be thinking you already have the wedding dress and church reserved.I'm really nervous about telling my parents about new bf. Advice?
Well at your age you are mature enough to make any decisions about who you date I would say. Why do you need your moms approvall so much , are you not capable of your own decisions in life , when you do find the right one do you then ask your mom when to get married , should you both have kids , what will you name him / her ???????. Stand up for what you believe not for what youbelievee is acceptable to your mom, and your dad is a cool guy really, I respect him.Live you own life and if you make mistakes , so what , they are your mistakes, They will make you stronger, and your mom will maybe start to RESPECT YOU
that you have a new bf and that u r a adult so your mom does not freak out

No comments:

Post a Comment